I used plastic and wood ribs to make a lot of marks in the pot. The next day I used a cheap yardstick (less than a dollar from Lowe's paint department) to beat the hell out of the pot. The yardstick is lightweight and flexible, so it really adds some nice marks. Beating the pot also helped to release some of my aggravation with the current political campaigns. It wasn't until I went back a few days later and added Newman's Red terra sig to the pot that I noticed the details of the impact of the yardstick.
In a few weeks I will be taking a class from Cynthia. Making this pot has given me a number of questions for her, so I am glad I made it when I did. Right now it is in the kiln for a bisque fire.